In case you're wondering I'm still alive! I've been reading some but haven't felt inspired to review. I've been reading older books, mostly historicals. I've recently read:
Lessons in French by Laura Kinsale
Lord of Scoundrels by Loretta Chase
The Forbidden Rose by Joanna Bourne
Loved them all and want more! I keep referencing my guest post during Ashley March's March Madness where I solicited recommendations for great historical romances with feisty, strong heroines and tortured heroes. So far the recommendations have been spot on.
Do you all have any recommendations for me that fit that bill? I love me some REALLY tortured heroes. I have Delilah Marvelle's series on my radar; I hear they're quite different and have deeply troubled heroes. I also like the friends to lovers troupe. So y'all, even though I'm not reviewing, I'm reading and I'm hoping for any additional recommendations along these lines.
Hopefully I'll get my reviewing mojo back here shortly!
Thursday, April 7, 2011
- Faefever by Karen Marie Moning (audio book) - 5 Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen & Nancy Butler, Illustrated by Hugo Petrus (Graphic Novel) - 4 Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Lessons in French by Laura Kinsale - 4 Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- The Last Little Blue Envelope by Maureen Johnson - 4 Chocolate Covered Strawberries (Review to come)
- Delirium by Lauren Oliver - 4 Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Between Here and Forever by Elizabeth Scott - 3 Chocolate Covered Strawberries (Review to come)
- Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro - 2 Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green & David Levithan - 3 Chocolate Covered Strawberries